Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Monday, March 4, 2013

Roasted Turkey Drumsticks & Thighs


I do love roast turkey, especially dark meat. It's easy to find cheap drumsticks and thighs in the grocery store and they roast much, much quicker than a whole bird.  



First I placed some carrots, parsnips and onions in the bottom of the roasting pan.  They give the turkey some flavour and the turkey gives them a ton of flavour.  



I sprinkled the turkey pieces with a little oil, salt, pepper and sage.



Then I roasted the turkey pieces at 400 degrees for about an hour until they registered 180 degrees on a meat thermometer.  You can leave them a little longer because dark meat doesn't dry out as much as white meat.





I served the turkey with the roasted carrots, onions and parsnips, roasted Brussels sprouts, and my favourite turkey side dish...



Pierogies!

Tasty, cheap and easy. This is a nice change from roast chicken in about the same amount of time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment