Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Chicken Drumsticks in the Oven


You know we love chicken drumsticks, but the weather hasn't been cooperating lately for barbecuing.  



One of the treats I received from Nordic Ware is a Chicken Leg Griller that fits on the barbecue or in the oven and  makes cooking drumsticks indoors much easier.





You stick the drumsticks in the holes so they cook upright.  



You can cook up to 17 (!) drumsticks at a time. Or fewer.



I skinned and marinated these ahead of time.  I placed the cooker on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper to catch any drips.



And I placed the chicken in a 375 degree oven.  They cooked for about 45 minutes and I basted them with some spicy barbecue sauce at 30 minutes.



Since the cooker is non-stick, clean-up was pretty easy.



These turned out really great.  Because of the way the drumsticks rest in the cooker, they come out a little... misshapen.  But I liked the way they cooked through evenly and they tasted delish.



I served the chicken drumsticks with some roasted carrots and kale sautéed with garlic, chili flakes and white beans.



Glad I have this neat little gadget for cooking chicken when it's too cold to grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment