Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cooking Gifts


Look at all this loot! These are just some of the great gifts I got this Christmas to cook with in the New Year.  Since I haven't done much cooking since the week before Christmas, let's have a look at the gadgets and vessels I'll use to make tasty and healthy dishes in 2013.



Look at these beautiful painted measuring cups and spoons!  I also got regular plastic measuring cups and spoons for everyday use, but these are so pretty.



Fun for special baking occasions.



I'm very excited to try this potato ricer for mashed potatoes and gnocchi.



I got some lovely Le Creuset bakewear and some little red ramekins.



Plus some espresso cups and a nice wooden cutting board.



And a seasoned cast iron pan, which I've never had before but look forward to using forever.  



And a mandoline.  I can finally julienne things properly with this!



Plus a lovely gift basket of Indian spices and recipes.  



And some very interesting books:  Rick Bayless' Authentic Mexican and Fifty Shades of Chicken.

If you need any gift ideas for someone who loves to cook, any of these are sure to be well received. I'm very spoiled and lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment