Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pear Pecorino Ravioli


Pretty pasta.


I stumbled upon this interesting looking ravioli and decided to give it a try.


I have to admit, the cute stripes were part of the appeal.

But I wasn't sure what kind of sauce would work with this delicate flavour.  Google to the rescue.  The suggestion was no sauce at all, simply butter and that old standby, pasta water.


So I boiled the ravioli.


And then carefully removed it from the water with a slotted spoon rather than dumping it in a colander.


For the "sauce" I melted a bit of butter in a pan. 


I let it brown a little. 


Then added a bit of the hot pasta water. 


And carefully placed the drained ravioli in the pan.  


I also toasted a few pine nuts and steamed some green beans to add to the pasta.


And served with a bit of grated parmigiano reggiano because I didn't have any pecorino romano.  Very tasty and cute!    

No comments:

Post a Comment