Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chicken with Mango Salsa 2 - Now with Pineapple!

The other day I shared a delicious mango salsa over chicken.  Today I have a slightly different version with pineapple.  




The moral of this story is that you can throw together tropical fruit, hot peppers and onions in just about any combination and have a delicious topping for grilled chicken.  




For this version I used a cored pineapple, mangoes, jalapeno peppers, red onion, mint, parsley and lime.




I chopped half the pineapple.




Chopped the mangoes, onions and peppers.




And combined.  Don't mind the focus. 




Then I chopped the parsley and mint together.  This happens to be pineapple mint that grows like a weed in my garden, but any mint is fine.  Cilantro would also be good if you swing that way but I don't.




Combine the fruit, vegetables and herbs and squeeze some fresh lime juice over.  Let this sit while you grill the chicken.


Any seasoning would work nicely on the chicken but I was particularly happy with what I came up with for this.  




I mixed some juice from the pineapple with spicy English mustard.  I sprinkled the chicken with salt and pepper before grilling, then brushed them with the hot mustard mixture while on the grill.




The pineapple juice caramelized and made a delicious glaze.  It was a great match for the mango salsa and I'll definitely try this again!




These are boneless chicken thighs but this would be just as good with chicken breasts or even pork chops or tenderloin.




Top the chicken with the pineapple mango salsa and serve with rice or potatoes or salad or whatever you like.  Simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment