Pages

 photo img_03.jpg  photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

"A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." - James Beard


AOL Ad

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Short & Sweet Sunday

Why not have a theme day?  This week I've done a few in depth photo series of meals and I plan to have some more detailed posts next week, but here's a little taste of what we ate this week, with limited commentary.  


Grilled Pork, Sage Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes, Lentils and Roasted Brussels Sprouts






This was a tasty meal.  The weather was unseasonably mild and we found some nice boneless sirloin pork chops at Costco.  We grilled them up and I made some roasted brussels sprouts on the side.  I just roast them with salt, pepper and garlic powder for about 30 minutes.  


I also added this sprouted lentil blend I found for something a little healthy.  But the real star of the dish was the potatoes.  I don't normally mix regular potatoes and sweet potatoes, and when I roast either one, I generally use lots of spices, but this time I kept it very simple...


Just potatoes, sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt and fresh sage.  I roasted them for 40 minutes and tossed them around a couple of times.  They were so delicious!




This dish really showed off the differences between sweet potatoes and regular potatoes.  The sage seemed to make the sweet potatoes taste sweeter.  




But it gave the potatoes this awesome herbal savory flavour.  I loved them both but I think the potatoes had a slight edge because they were so golden and crispy!


Happy weekend!  Looking forward to an exciting new week of food and pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment